Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Potter Mania

In honor of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in theaters today, here's a list of links to Harry Potter-related posts I've written, and anything else Harry I could find today:

Half-Blood Prince trailer.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

J.K. Rowling podcast, parts I and II.

Tomorrow night my DVR will be set to ABC for the documentary that followed Rowling during the year leading up to the release of Deathly Hollows.

Last week's Entertainment Weekly's cover story was on Harry. I can't believe how grown up these kids are (and they so far seem very well adjusted). Also, here's EW's review of the movie.

Our local Star Tribune's review. It surprises me that the film is back to being rated PG. They're only getting more scary and more complex.

I'll leave it at that. I plan to see the movie soon, but unlike reading the books, I don't have to see this before everyone else. I've been trying to catch Order of the Phoenix on TV, but it was only playing on HBO. I did watch Goblet of Fire recently though. All the films are fabulous. I love that they're a who's who of English actors too - Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, this time Jim Broadbent who I've loved ever since Moulin Rouge, Emma Thompson, Helena Boham Carter and Robbie Coltrane. Seriously, all they're missing is Hugh Grant and Keira Knightly (though, that doesn't mean I'm suggesting they would be right for these movies... No.).

Anyway, Happy Harry Potter Day!

1 comment:

Maega said...

Looking waaaaaaay forward to this one!!