Friday, September 26, 2008

Cheer For the Home Team


I know this isn't book related, but it's something I want to publicly celebrate. When our country is in such turmoil, we have no idea what's going to happen next, and we feel near hopeless, it's nice to have a distraction. If our Minnesota Twins can be that distraction, I'm grateful to them. I know the seasons isn't over, I know we still have three games left to play, and I know the White Sox our nipping at our heels, but when you're down and you need to be reminded of what it means Not To Give Up, see our Minnesota Twins sweep the dreaded Sox in the second-to-the-last series of the season to claim first place in the Central Division.

Thanks guys, for giving us something for which to cheer.

(Photo Carlos Gonzalez, Star Tribune)

No comments: