Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy National Reading Day!

In honor of National Reading Day, which is celebrated on or near March 2, the birthday of the popular Dr. Seuss, I ask the following question (a hard one for many, I'm sure): What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Mine would have to be And To Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street. I loved this book when I was little, and I still love the craziness of it. The things he sees! I also love The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, which I remember seeing a play of at the Children's Theatre when I was small. With a baby on the way, I fully expect the classics like Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham to take up permanent residence at bedtime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm quite partial to The Sneetches and the Horton books. My niece favors "Sam am am," as she calls Green Eggs and Ham.

Em said...

My favorite is the Cat in the Hat. I always thought it would be great to trash my house that way. And to have a talking fish.

Maega said...

For sure "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish."

CMS said...

I agree with Em. LOVE The Cat in the Hat!!