Friday, February 12, 2010

Baby Books!

My girlfriends all gathered together this weekend for my baby shower. Part of the theme was books - go figure! Each guest brought along her favorite childhood book to give me (us, the baby). What a selection, and so many I was unfamiliar with, which just shows how many books there are out there and how different everyone's childhood is from everyone else's. Here's what I got:

The Monster at the End of This Book, Sesame Street (thanks Willikat!)

The Little House, by Virginia Lee Burton

Pajama Time!, by Sandra Boynton (thanks CMS!)

Clifford the Big Red Dog
, by Norman Bridwell

Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown (a complete classic)

Me Too! and I Was So Mad, by Mercer Mayer (I read ALL of these books when I was little.)

Mouse Paint, by Ellen Stoll Walsh (the illustrations are beautiful)

The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams (thanks maega!)

Richard Scarry's Best Story Book Ever and What People Do All Day (Willikat again)

The Mitten, by Jan Brett

They all make me so happy!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

What a nice selection!

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Truly yours

CMS said...

I loved the book theme for your baby shower -- what a PERFECT idea for you!!! And the books you received all look so good. I might have to check a few of those out for Adam & Button. You can never have too many books!

Sarah D. said...

Hi there,

I would love to send you an advance review copy of an exciting new novel, but I can't find your contact information.

Would you e-mail me at sarahd@terracommunications.biz

I'm an honest book lover, like you!

Thank you!
Sarah