Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Female Brain, Finale

I finished this book last night. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. After she talks about the teen brain, Brizendine goes into talking about women's brains and love and sex, pregnancy and motherhood, perimenopause and menopause, as well as sexual orientation and postpartum depression.

It's amazing all the changes our brains go through in our lifetime. Our brain is completely different in structure after we have a baby. It's then again different - due to decreasing estrogen - after menopause. While I was reading this book, I found myself nodding my head so many times, because she was talking about the exact feelings I feel. Or the exact behaviors I've seen in mothers I know or more mature women.

You know, I seriously believe, more than ever, that we're pretty amazing people considering what all goes on inside our heads. I look forward to reading The Male Brain, which Sarah said Brizendine is currently writing, and learning whether or not men have any brain changes as drastic as ours.

1 comment:

willikat said...

i totally want to read this....