Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Christmas List

I've been eagerly waiting for Christmas and other December occasions, because I knew I would get a stack of books to read in the new year. I wasn't disappointed, and, boy, am I excited! My list:

1. Pretty Little Mistakes, A Do-Over Novel, by Heather Mcelhatton (Thanks AG)
2. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down, by Anne Fadiman (Thanks MMLG)
3. The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible, by A.J. Jacobs (Thanks M&D)
4. The Zookeeper's Wife, A War Novel, by Diane Ackerman
(4-7 Thanks to my other half)
5. The View From Mount Joy, by Lorna Landvik
6. Life of Pi, by Yann Martel
7. The Abstinence Teacher, by Tom Perrotta

I also have a B&N gift card to spend, so I'm trying to decide what to buy between the many other books left on my wish list. And, we still have one more gift opening with my mother-in-law, so more books are possibly on the way! I hope the holidays brought everyone something new to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just listening to snippets from the A.J. Jacobs book read by Steve Almond (I read, and loved, his book Candy Freak). Jacobs out-bible-talks a Mormon! he-he. The story was about these books where authors try something new (reading the Encyclopedia, not shopping, living in a different community, etc.) for a year, or whatever. The guys talking were lamenting how books like this have been around, but they now have to be marketed in such an obvious way.

willikat said...

Oooooh, good reading list!!!I didn't get any books for Christmas, but I did get a gift certificate to Borders.. . .it's burning a hole in my pocket. I'm not sure what to buy!